We want you to join our team
DSC Dredge, LLC is always looking for skilled, motivated individuals to join our talented team. We seek employees that enjoy working in a close-knit, family-style setting. Our company is small (approximately 120 employees) but growing, and we are dedicated to our employees.
Reserve, LA, is located 25 miles away from the New Orleans International Airport. As the home base for DSC Dredge, our Reserve facility includes a main manufacturing complex that encompasses more than 27,000 square feet of work area over 16 acres, with separate buildings for a workshop area, manufacturing, sandblasting, paint, inventory and a machine shop. The corporate office is a 7,200-square-foot building that houses DSC's financial services, purchasing, marketing, human resources, field service, dredge sales and part sales departments. The "Julia Bull Campbell" Design Center houses DSC’s talented engineering team.
Current Job Openings
Join our team!
DSC Dredge, LLC. is looking for a new Automation Engineer/PLC Programmer ready to work hard with a positive attitude in a fast paced environment. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings! Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
- Oversees and facilitates required programming and debugging of control software, including PLC’s, HMIs , Servo Drives, vision inspection systems, etc.
- Exhibits strong multi-tasking skill-set to support simultaneous on-going Engineering and company projects.
- Manages assigned dredge project(s), with collaborative responsibility to various key players such as other disciplines within the Engineering department, Production, Sales and the client.
- Participates with design of schedules at the initial sales effort to ensure deliverables are reasonable for project execution. Partners with Scheduler position to ensure schedules are updated throughout project scope.
- Plans, evaluates, organizes and implements automation related projects and initiatives.
- Designs circuit and layout drawings of control and power panels in accordance with NEC and Corporate standards.
- Assists Production personnel in checking or trouble shooting equipment as required.
- Creates and refines electrical parts and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the manufacturing goals of a project.
- Develops communication documentation to help convey the key aspects of a design to a client or manufacturing partner.
- Creates and maintains of a Bill of Materials for assigned project(s).
- Conducts and manages root cause analysis and resolution engineering issues, including any design changes required to existing equipment.
- Manages communication with clients.
- Maintains ongoing project requirements and specifications for multiple projects.
- Reviews design efforts from team to ensure that quality is being maintained.
- Provides technical guidance for designers and drafters.
- Provide engineering services to various departments such as Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Sales, Field Services, etc.
- Uses expertise to improve operational efficiencies and meet compliance requirements.
- Supports a culture that fosters creativity and uses current technology amongst Engineering team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Instrumentation and Controls, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Two or more years of hands on Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment. Hands on experience with electrical systems is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Programming skills.
- Proven collaborator; able to leverage individual strengths to provide value to the entire team.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Inventor (preferred).
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Willingness to travel as required (both domestic and international travel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being "the world's leader in portable dredges".
Applicants must have the ability to pass background check and drug screen/physical, work any shift (typical work week is 50+ hours), holidays and weekends, and possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Domestic and some international travel (50-75%) is required to customer sites and/or other DSC work sites.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field
- 3-5 Years of relative experience (preferably in Manufacturing)
- Advanced Degree and Professional Accreditation a plus
- Professional communication, writing and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid passport and possess the ability to travel (domestic and international) on short notice.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift including shift work.
- Ability to travel via all modes of transportation (i.e., air, train, car, etc.)
- Willingness to carry and answer a cell phone outside of assigned working hours.
- Valid Driver's License to operate company and rented vehicles.
- Coordinates and performs on-site installation and repair of complex dredging and support equipment with or without supervision.
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex electronic, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical problems while serving as company liaison for all maintenance and technical matters.
- Interfaces with DSC manufacturing facilities and with the customer during all phases of installation, training, operation and maintenance of DSC equipment.
- Ensures customer's facility and all support equipment is ready and available for installation of dredging equipment upon arrival.
- Promotes equipment modifications, upgrades, and services that will enhance operation of dredging equipment.
- Installs upgrades and retrofits on client machines.
- Provides ongoing instruction to customer's employees in the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of dredging equipment.
- Coordinates and performs preventative maintenance on all DSC products.
- Interfaces with technical support/Engineering and customers on operational and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Expedites the completion of required field service reports upon assignment conclusion.
- Initiates dredge and equipment modification suggestions to Engineering Department.
- Works from engineering drawings, schematics, and technical manuals during on-site installation, debugging, and repair of DSC equipment.
- Trains operators on the productive operation of underwater pump dredges as well as hull pump dredges.
- Completes standard documentation procedures and forms to maintain compliance with all federal, state and Company mandated regulations.
- Follows and adheres to all DSC, OSHA and MSHA safety procedures and precautions.
- Identifies and corrects potential safety hazards while creating a culture of "safety first."
- Provides guidance and supervision to new team members as applicable.
- Maintains and distributes appropriate reports.
- Assists in the development of in-house training and maintenance procedures.
- Recommends applicable improvements to lower manufacturing costs.
- Maintains technical proficiency on DSC equipment.
- Maintain confidentially of all company and proprietary information.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You may also apply in person at 156 Airport Rd, Reserve, LA 70084 between the hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm. No calls please.
Our Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Personal Leave Time and Holiday Pay
- Safety Award Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Direct Deposit of Pay